Hot dog, what a year it’s been! We accomplished so much in 2021 and it’s all thanks to the generous donations made to Mamma Mabel’s Inn. To date, we have happily rescued 34 dogs and 3 cats. For a small sanctuary like ours, those numbers really warm our hearts (especially the spirit of Mamma Mabel)! The holidays are a bit different this year as many of you know since we no longer have the one very special doggo soul that inspired this journey for us, Mamma Mabel. Despite our attempts to keep her with us, we had to say “see you later,” to our namesake. She was surrounded with so much love and light in her final days and hours, but we are happy to report that in 2022 we will push on and honor her legacy. We are so grateful for the time we got with her, as her initial life expectancy was only 6-9 months. I guess she liked it here! But this year wasn’t full of the blues. As we stated earlier, your donations helped us out so much. To highlight some of our accomplishments:
- Abbie got butt surgery, had her thyroid regulated, and her kidney levels are being watched closely. She also got adopted!
- Ruby also had butt surgery, a lump of cancerous cells removed and is fully recovered.
- Marley, unfortunately, had a leg amputation to remove an oversized mass, cleared a skin infection, and was treated for heartworms. She was also adopted!!
- Buster and Bruno happily received extra snacks, which they loved every bit of;
- And we took in our newest member of the pack, Groot, who was rescued from neglectful home life.
We are so excited to see what 2022 has in store for us! As always, your continued support is very much appreciated. Till next year…