If you’re wondering how you can incorporate your fur-family to make this Halloween the most spooktacular one yet, we’ve got you covered! Here are five fur-family-friendly ideas you don’t want to pass up:
- Pet friendly costumes, DUH! What’s cuter than a Starbucks Pug-accino or a Frankenweenie? We’ll wait…
- Better yet, host a doggie Halloween costume party and have all the pawrents vote on the best ones in categories of your choosing, like best owner-pet look-alike or most creative.
- Going to the pumpkin patch? Do some research in your area to find the best pet-friendly patches and bring your pup(s) along for the ride! (In most cases, you probably won’t be able to bring them on any hayrides, so be prepared to walk to the patch of your choosing!) Added tip: let your pet sniff & pick out their own pumpkin and decorate it with their paw prints!
- Pick up some spooky-themed toys from your local shop, like a stuffed candy corn, or a giant stuffed candy bar – there’s always something for whatever type of toy your pet loves best! (And don’t forget to throw in all of the pumpkin-flavored treats!)
- Temperament allowing, grab your pet-friendly costume of choice and take them trick-or-treating! There’s a pretty good chance you’ll find pet-friendly homes along the way that won’t mind handing off a treat or two! The best part, the kids will love it, and you can even pick out family-themed costumes (like Mystery Incorporated or The Wizard of Oz).
Have other ideas? Drop them in the comments below! And don’t forget to send us all of the pup-pics on November 1st… Yappy Halloween!